Thai Cashew Steak Salad
Paleo/Gluten Free/Grain Free/Egg Free
Difficulty - Easy
Preparation Time - 10 minutes
Cooking Time - 15 minutes
- 2 tbsp (30g) all natural roasted cashew butter
- ¼ cup (60ml) olive oil
- 2 tbsp coconut aminos (or soy sauce if not paleo)
- ½ tsp chili powder
- 1 clove of garlic minced
- 1 tsp fresh ginger minced
- 1 tsp lemongrass paste
- Juice of one lime
- 1-2 packets of Chilli Stript Snacks Biltong
- 3-4 cups baby or dino kale finely shredded
- 3 spring onions finely chopped
- ¼ cup coriander roughly chopped
- 1 cup pea shoots (optional)
- ½ a large red bell pepper
- ½ a large yellow bell pepper
- ½ cup (60g) raw cashew nuts + ½ tsp chili + ½ tbsp (7g) melted coconut oil
- Blend together all dressing ingredients until smooth and set to one side.
- Preheat oven to 180C (350F).
- Toss together cashews, chili and melted coconut oil. Place on a baking tray and roast for 15 - 20 minutes; until golden and fragrant.
- At the same time place peppers on a separate tray and roast for 20 minutes.
- Create carrot ribbons using a standard vegetable peeler; work from top to bottom as if you were peeling the carrot.
- Allow peppers and nuts to cool before finely slicing peppers and blitzing nuts in a mini food processor or roughly chopping. Mix together all salad ingredients reserving some of your Stript Snacks for garnishing. Pour over dressing and toss well to combine.
- Garnish with reserved Stript Snacks to serve..dig in!