Stript Snacks Biltong Lower Carb Potato Free Breakfast Hash Brown
Paleo/Grain Free/Low Carb/Dairy Free/High Protein/Nut Free
Preparation Time - 5 minutes
Cook Time - 10 - 30 minutes (depending on whether or not you’re using leftover/already cooked swede!)
Serves - 1
- 1 packet of Black Pepper Stript Snacks Biltong
- 1 large organic egg + 1 tsp coconut oil
- ½ cup raw/boiled/steamed cubed swede/rutabaga/turnip
- ¼ small red onion diced
- 1 tbsp (14g) coconut oil
- 1 heaped tbsp dried coconut flakes or thick cut shavings
- Pinch of two of chili flakes
- ¼ tsp Pink Himalayan Rock Salt
- ¼ tsp Black Pepper
If using raw swede place in a pot with water, bring to the boil and simmer for 15-20 minutes; until fork tender.
- Once swede has been pre-cooked melt oil in pan over a medium heat. Saute red onion for 5 minutes, add cooked swede, chili flakes and seasoning. Cook for 5 minutes to heat through and caramelize some of the swede!
- Stir in Biltong and coconut, stir to combine; continue to cook for 2 minutes more to heat through.
- Meanwhile crack egg into a hot pan with melted coconut oil and cook over a high heat for 3 minutes; I like a fried egg with a crispy bottom and runny yolk! Cook to your preference.
- Serve hash with fried egg on top, seasoned with a little more black pepper. Dig in and let the gooey yolk ooze and mingle!