Smoky Chilli Biltong Bolognese
Paleo/Grain Free/Egg Free
Serves - 2
Preparation Time - 10 minutes
Cooking Time - 20 -25 minutes
- 1 tbsp coconut oil or ghee
- 1 heaped tbsp finely chopped onion
- 1 carrot, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 8 ounces (200g) mixed mushrooms...chestnut, button, oyster, chanterelle
- 2 tbsp (30g) tomato paste
- 1/2 cup (125ml) beef stock/bone broth or red wine...
- ⅓ cup (80ml) passata
- ½ tsp chili powder
- ½ tsp dried cumin
- ½ tsp dried oregano
- Pink Himalayan Rock salt and Black pepper to taste
- 100g Chili Stript Snacks
- Melt oil or ghee in a large pot. Saute garlic, onion and carrot for 5 - 10 minutes; until soft and translucent.
- Add the mushrooms and cook for a further 5 minutes.
- Add in the remaining ingredients with the exception of the Stript Snacks, bring to the boil and simmer for 15 - 20 minutes; until desired consistency. Stir through Stript Snacks Biltong and season to taste.
- Serve with zucchini or spaghetti squash noodles! The heat of the bolognese sauce will be enough to heat through the zucchini noodles or simply give blanch them in a colander by pouring over boiling water. The spaghetti squash should be roasted before scooping out the “noodles”!